Organizing and tidying up your closet is never an easy task, especially when you don’t have a big closet space. With some clever organization tips, your closet will be more spacious and tidy. If you are starting to makeover your closet, the first thing to consider is what the elements you have and how to organize them. And here’re some good pieces of advice.
1. Make an inventory of all your clothing and accessories to look at what do you have. Then divide them into groups for different season.
2. Put all your stained, ripped or overly worn items in a pile to discard. Place good clothes that you haven’t worn in more than two years to donate.
3. Store your out-of-season clothes and gear into storage boxes with items tags to easily find them for long-term storage and place them on high shelves.
4. Keep shoes and other smaller items in boxes and write an inventory or take a photo of the items inside and tape it to the outside of the box to visually identify its contents.
5. Add extra shelves to create lots of spaces to place sweaters, shirts and shoes. Use high shelves to store out-of-season clothes and gear, while lower shelves to store items you wear often.
6. Invest in more hooks and racks to keep purses, jackets, hats on the empty walls and back doors. And It’s a budget friendly way to simply add multiple rows of hooks.
7. Store accessories in clear plastic drawers or hang them up on old thread racks. You can also use recycled items like PVC pipes to storage shoes and scarves.
8. Learn how to hang and fold clothes properly to save space. You can use one smart solution to a storage crunch: a customizable unit of wire drawers made out of paper shoe cases.
9. Utilize the vertical space : Hang up more clothes using s hooks or pop bottle tops. You can also store suitcase in the space above the closet door or install a second rod below your first rod.
Here we collected more than some clever closet organization ideas and DIY projects to help you expand and save your closet and have a organized and neat closet. You can never have too many organization tips! Put some of these creative ideas into practice and you’ll be surprised how helpful they are!