Organizing and tidying up your closet is never an easy task, especially when you don’t have a big closet space. With some clever organization tips, your closet will be more spacious and tidy. If you are starting to makeover your closet, the first thing to consider is what the elements you have and how to organize them. And here’re some good pieces of advice.
1. Make an inventory of all your clothing and accessories to look at what do you have. Then divide them into groups for different season.
2. Put all your stained, ripped or overly worn items in a pile to discard. Place good clothes that you haven’t worn in more than two years to donate.
3. Store your out-of-season clothes and gear into storage boxes with items tags to easily find them for long-term storage and place them on high shelves.
4. Keep shoes and other smaller items in boxes and write an inventory or take a photo of the items inside and tape it to the outside of the box to visually identify its contents.
5. Add extra shelves to create lots of spaces to place sweaters, shirts and shoes. Use high shelves to store out-of-season clothes and gear, while lower shelves to store items you wear often.
6. Invest in more hooks and racks to keep purses, jackets, hats on the empty walls and back doors. And It’s a budget friendly way to simply add multiple rows of hooks.
7. Store accessories in clear plastic drawers or hang them up on old thread racks. You can also use recycled items like PVC pipes to storage shoes and scarves.
8. Learn how to hang and fold clothes properly to save space. You can use one smart solution to a storage crunch: a customizable unit of wire drawers made out of paper shoe cases.
9. Utilize the vertical space : Hang up more clothes using s hooks or pop bottle tops. You can also store suitcase in the space above the closet door or install a second rod below your first rod.
Here we collected more than some clever closet organization ideas and DIY projects to help you expand and save your closet and have a organized and neat closet. You can never have too many organization tips! Put some of these creative ideas into practice and you’ll be surprised how helpful they are!
Simple Storage for Less PVC Pipe Scarf Organizer
Install a Second Rod below Your First Rod
Make Flip Flops Hangers from Wire Coat Hangers
Use S-Hooks and Chains to Hang Multiple Garments
DIY Double Clothes Hangers Using Soda Can Tabs
Use Old Shoe Boxes as Drawer Organizers
Use Shower Curtain Rings to Organize Scarves
DIY Cork Board Storage for Him
Use Towel Racks and Curtain S-hooks to Organize Necklaces
Add a Closet Door Shelf
Storage-Go-Round for Corner Unit
Wine Box Shoe Organization
Shower Curtains Rings and a Velvet Hanger Tank Top Space Saver
Fix a Sliding Pants Rack
Organize Your Shoes With Tension Rods Rather than Throwing Them on the Floor
Install a Built-in Ironing Board in the Closet
Use Shoe Boxes as DIY Dividers
Install Shelving for Purses
Use Coat Racks to Organize Shoe Storage
Create Bag Hangers with Shower curtain hooks
Use Drawer Printables or Tags to Identify the Inside Items
DIY Hat Hanger with Curtains Rings and a Hanger
Use Crown Molding as a Place to Store your Heels
Behind-the-Door Storage Idea
Simple but Useful Scarf Organization
Inexpensive Scarves Holder Made out of a Hanger and Shower Curtain Rings
Use Hooks to Hang up Your Purses in Your Closet
Purse Rack behind the Door
Use Drawer Dividers to Organize Underwear Drawer
T-Shirt Drawer Organization
Store Sheets in Their Own Pillow Cases.
Use Pants Hangers to Organize Your Boots
DIY Hanging Bra Organizer
Expand Your Closet space with the Closet Nook Shelves
Use Bookcase as Shoe Storage inside a Small Walk in Closet
Store Suitcase in the Space above the Closet Door on Hooks
Store Clothes on Shelves More Efficiently with Shelf Dividers
Add Space To Your Master Closet Unused Wall and Put Some simple Baskets
From Thread Rack To Jewelry Organizer
Daily Outfit Hanging Closet
Smart Use of the Not Usual Utilized Place in the Closet
Shoe Cabinet Update
Hang Your Jeans on Shower Hooks from the Belt Loops
Stack Clear Shoe Boxes